FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Attack of the Cybermen DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iank



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice to see an appreciation of this excellent story on here. Makes a change from some other places I could mention. This was a fine dvd for a cracking story, one that's always been one of my favourites. I agree season 22 is highly underrated in general, usually by the "I used to buy DWB and am incapable of thinking for myself" brigade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Sabalom Glitz



Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 65
Location: mind your own business

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easlily my fave Cyberman story ! 10/10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tetramesh



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 154
Location: Meetjesland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed a crew member in the background during episode 2 of this story, roughly at the 36:30 point?
It isn't mentioned in the commentary or in the on screen production information.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetramesh wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a crew member in the background during episode 2 of this story, roughly at the 36:30 point?
It isn't mentioned in the commentary or in the on screen production information.

Oh yeah, never noticed that before.

Very observant.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.


Last edited by RobFilth on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tetramesh



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 154
Location: Meetjesland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Oh yeah, never notice that before.

Very observant.


I can't take credit for spotting this, it was only after my son saw the bloke crouching there that I skipped back to have a look.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
FlapjackCharlie



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 292
Location: Birmingham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iank wrote:
How nice to see an appreciation of this excellent story on here. Makes a change from some other places I could mention. This was a fine dvd for a cracking story, one that's always been one of my favourites. I agree season 22 is highly underrated in general, usually by the "I used to buy DWB and am incapable of thinking for myself" brigade.


The season 22 hate has always struck me as bizarre. It's admittedly a decline on the previous year, but I think there are a lot of strong stories in there, and Attack is a good one too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tetramesh



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 154
Location: Meetjesland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlapjackCharlie wrote:
The season 22 hate has always struck me as bizarre. It's admittedly a decline on the previous year, but I think there are a lot of strong stories in there, and Attack is a good one too.


Attack of the Cybermen is a great start to an fine season finishing with the enjoyable darkness of Revelation of the Daleks. I'll even go against popular opinion and declare that I quite like Timelash even though it has it's faults.
Look beyond Colin's costume and there is a classic Doctor there, arrogant, brash, grumpy but underneath everything a caring Doctor.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
FlapjackCharlie



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 292
Location: Birmingham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetramesh wrote:
Attack of the Cybermen is a great start to an fine season finishing with the enjoyable darkness of Revelation of the Daleks. I'll even go against popular opinion and declare that I quite like Timelash even though it has it's faults.
Look beyond Colin's costume and there is a classic Doctor there, arrogant, brash, grumpy but underneath everything a caring Doctor.


I look at Timelash as I do Time-Flight - a load of old nonsense, but entertaining nevertheless. Revelation is brilliant. I have to say that I'm not a fan of Colin's Doctor, but in season 22 the stories are good enough for it not to bother me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetramesh wrote:
FlapjackCharlie wrote:
The season 22 hate has always struck me as bizarre. It's admittedly a decline on the previous year, but I think there are a lot of strong stories in there, and Attack is a good one too.


Attack of the Cybermen is a great start to an fine season finishing with the enjoyable darkness of Revelation of the Daleks. I'll even go against popular opinion and declare that I quite like Timelash even though it has it's faults.
Look beyond Colin's costume and there is a classic Doctor there, arrogant, brash, grumpy but underneath everything a caring Doctor.

I see "Timelash" as an 80's version of "The Krotons", cheap and trashy but kind of fun to watch for all it's B-movie type trappings.

I'd rather watch Doctor Who that is rubbish and entertaining than Doctor Who that is rubbish and dull.

The main fault with "Timelash" is the actual prop for the Timelash is so crap, had it been a great big impressive gateway thing with a wind machine turned on and a big sucking vortex effect coming out of it, it would have been a good story.

I think the Borad is kind of good and the singing off-key androids too.

Season 22 along with Season 21 and 18 are my favourites out of the JNT seasons.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign