FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Death of the Doctor - Part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, you think childs toys should be taken forcibly from them because you think they could be better used for your own gimpish ends.

No, I think they should be taken from them because they are obviously a threat to public Health and Safety.

Obviously you let your kids chew on lead painted toy soldiers and play with teddy bears with hat pins put in for eyes.
What tosh, these helmets are safety passed and you are just being a busy body wanting to take people's toys away from them.

Rubbish.

As stated earlier one of these potential lethal items almost blinded a small innocent child!

Have you NO compassion or mercy such is your blind adoration of all things related to Fathead T Davies?
That was either a rogue item, the responsibilty of CO as the poster said.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
That was either a rogue item, the responsibilty of CO as the poster said.

Rubbish.

The buck stops at Fathead.

He hired CO to make these potentially lethal articles and okayed the go ahead to mass manufacture them.

Why he even openly bragged about it afterwards, so he is solely culpable in my eyes.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
That was either a rogue item, the responsibilty of CO as the poster said.

Rubbish.

The buck stops at Fathead.

He hired CO to make these potentially lethal articles and okayed the go ahead to mass manufacture them.

Why he even openly bragged about it afterwards, so he is solely culpable in my eyes.
But if Nation had not created the Daleks and Cussick had not designed them they could never have been made so by your reckoning they are culpable too.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
That was either a rogue item, the responsibilty of CO as the poster said.

Rubbish.

The buck stops at Fathead.

He hired CO to make these potentially lethal articles and okayed the go ahead to mass manufacture them.

Why he even openly bragged about it afterwards, so he is solely culpable in my eyes.
But if Nation had not created the Daleks and Cussick had not designed them they could never have been made so by your reckoning they are culpable too.

No, because they never visualised them as gimp masks as I have already explained.

Please try to keep up - "THERE'S a good fellow!" (as Tobias Vaughn once remarked)
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
That was either a rogue item, the responsibilty of CO as the poster said.

Rubbish.

The buck stops at Fathead.

He hired CO to make these potentially lethal articles and okayed the go ahead to mass manufacture them.

Why he even openly bragged about it afterwards, so he is solely culpable in my eyes.
But if Nation had not created the Daleks and Cussick had not designed them they could never have been made so by your reckoning they are culpable too.

No, because they never visualised them as gimp masks as I have already explained.

Please try to keep up - "THERE'S a good fellow!" (as Tobias Vaughn once remarked)
Nonsense, the only person visualising them in this way is the Hive's own self confessed Mr Gimp.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, the only person visualising them in this way is the Hive's own self confessed Mr Gimp.

It's a good job it wasn't YOUR girlfriend who was nearly kidnapped and raped by an attacker using one of these potential lethal weapons otherwise I fear she would have given you an almighty kick in the bollocks and dumped you on the spot by now.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, the only person visualising them in this way is the Hive's own self confessed Mr Gimp.

It's a good job it wasn't YOUR girlfriend who was nearly kidnapped and raped by an attacker using one of these potential lethal weapons otherwise I fear she would have given you an almighty kick in the bollocks and dumped you on the spot by now.
And its a good job your kids if you had them didn't have a Dalek voice changer toy or you'd have cruelly snatched it from them and told them if they didn't give it away the horrible man would come to get them.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
War Arrow



Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 550
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
It really wasn't though IMO, and I adore the VNA range. I read it around the same time that I was reading Legacy and it threw me just how much of a difference there was. He also had to put smutty sex scenes in which added nothing to the plot.

I'd have to say it IS better than any new who attempt but for me, Damage goods belongs in the stinkers section along with War of the Daleks, Shakedown and that awful one about killer dogs whose name eludes me.

For me not to like a book takes some doing. For example I actually liked the critically panned Legacy of the Daleks, I really enjoyed it infarct because it was doing something I'd always wanted the series to do.

I guess really it's all a matter of personal taste.


True enough, and to be fair, I haven't read it in a long time, and there are others I recall as wonderful which turned out utterly shitey on second reading... I just recall it as being great (unlike, for example, Legacy which I remember disliking at the time... though I generally strongly dislike Gary Russell's efforts with the weird (possibly even perverse) exception of Divided Loyalties which I enjoyed to an unexpected extent)..... er... yeah I thought Legacy of the Daleks was fine too (Warmonger, Earthworld, and that Tiger thing are the ones that spring instantly to mind as stuff I've hated... also Ancestor Cell)....

Where was I?

Moderator General - very true about the chav thing and Damaged Goods in that sense being typical RTD though it seemed like he got the balance right in the book, maybe, oh I don't know - I'll read it again and see if my opinion has changed.

I take it the fifteen pages since my last post have been mummy and daddy arguing again?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
Mike wrote:
munkus wrote:
found a bit about it but not the same site

Quote:
Back in 1993 Virgin had plans to publish a New Adventures novel by John Peel called War of the Daleks (also known as Legacy of the Daleks). The book was delayed and eventually shelved due to unresolved negotiations over copyright fees for the use of the Daleks. Due to the difficulties encountered by the publishers over that book I think it is very unlikely that any further Dalek novels will be published.


http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/tsv46/dilemma.html

It wasn't done then?


From what I recall from the old site it mentioned that the final version handed in was so poor they printed it in VERY limited amounts due to a contractual agreement. I'm googeling now to try and track it down as the cover looked quite interesting.


Soz I can't find it. I may have my Favs file backed on a CD so I'll check that in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
iank



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
found a bit about it but not the same site

Quote:
Back in 1993 Virgin had plans to publish a New Adventures novel by John Peel called War of the Daleks (also known as Legacy of the Daleks). The book was delayed and eventually shelved due to unresolved negotiations over copyright fees for the use of the Daleks. Due to the difficulties encountered by the publishers over that book I think it is very unlikely that any further Dalek novels will be published.


http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/tsv46/dilemma.html


Yeah, I know. I thought you meant it had actually been published as an NA. My bad. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, the only person visualising them in this way is the Hive's own self confessed Mr Gimp.

It's a good job it wasn't YOUR girlfriend who was nearly kidnapped and raped by an attacker using one of these potential lethal weapons otherwise I fear she would have given you an almighty kick in the bollocks and dumped you on the spot by now.
And its a good job your kids if you had them didn't have a Dalek voice changer toy or you'd have cruelly snatched it from them and told them if they didn't give it away the horrible man would come to get them.

At least my kids would be aware of some of the dangerous adults you get in society where as you would be blissfully in ignorance letting Gary Glitter in a Dalek Voicechanger Mask babysit yours.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, the only person visualising them in this way is the Hive's own self confessed Mr Gimp.

It's a good job it wasn't YOUR girlfriend who was nearly kidnapped and raped by an attacker using one of these potential lethal weapons otherwise I fear she would have given you an almighty kick in the bollocks and dumped you on the spot by now.
And its a good job your kids if you had them didn't have a Dalek voice changer toy or you'd have cruelly snatched it from them and told them if they didn't give it away the horrible man would come to get them.

At least my kids would be aware of some of the dangerous adults you get in society where as you would be blissfully in ignorance letting Gary Glitter in a Dalek Voicechanger Mask babysit yours.
Nonsense, there is no harm letting a member of your family babysit and play Daleks with the children. No doubt you wouldn't trust them with anyone and would depive them of all toys.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Arrow wrote:

Moderator General - very true about the chav thing and Damaged Goods in that sense being typical RTD though it seemed like he got the balance right in the book, maybe, oh I don't know - I'll read it again and see if my opinion has changed.

I take it the fifteen pages since my last post have been mummy and daddy arguing again?


I believe so. I only scan the threads to see if anyone else has posted once they devolve into The Lokai-Bele Show. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Nonsense, there is no harm letting a member of your family babysit and play Daleks with the children. No doubt you wouldn't trust them with anyone and would depive them of all toys.

All I can say Rani, is welcome to your babysitter!


_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonsense, you are the worst form of Daily Mail reader who sees the worst in everything, kids toys, CDs, BBC radio shows.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign