FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Did RTD make the Daleks too super villainish?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snodgrass



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Did RTD make the Daleks too super villainish? Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Snodgrass wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
munkus wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Snodgrass wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Snodgrass wrote:
Personally, I noticed that the whole purpose of "Dalek" was simply to over-fetishise the Daleks. Honestly, it was essentially an advertisement, saying, OH LOOK, WE MADE THE DALEKS SUPER-POWERFUL, WAY BETTER THAN THOSE CRAPPY OLD ONES, EH?". Rolling Eyes

In the Classic Series, Daleks weren't invincible. They were immune to bullets, but they could be blown up with bombs and explosives, hell, they were ran over in "Dalek Invasion Earth". But in Classic Who, they weren't meant to be invincible. Sure they were armoured and they could hover( but not fly high in the sky like those stupid RTD Daleks.) way back in "The Chase".

What made the Daleks dangerous in the Classic Series was the fact that they were blood thirsty warmongers with a whole array of technology,super-weapons and war machines at their disposal. Not because "one Dalek could wipe out the entire US military".

Bullshit. Rolling Eyes
I disagree. If anything they are not strong enough and merely continue the trend of latter classic Dalek stories which don't really know how to handle them.


Oh I suppose that in the Classic Series, every single Dalek always got wiped out by a poorly written magic wand Dues ex Machina. Rolling Eyes

"The Daleks" would have been wonderful if the Doctor's companion used super duper fairy dust magi to kill them all! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"The Dalek Invasion of Earth" would have been excellent if the Doctor used a giant time-space vacuam cleaner to suck them out of the universe! Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Dalek's Masterplan" would've been great if the companion used a set of levers to make every single Dalek spin around and blow up! OH YES! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No wonder Rob nicknames you the "forum clown"! Very Happy
Can't you read? I refer to latter day classic stories and you cite The Daleks, Dalek Invasion of Earth and Masterplan. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Forum clown protests to much.
More a case of Rani highlights flaws in argument


Captain M Bison wants to say something to you Rani. Very Happy
Well you did cite 1960s stories as latter Dalek stories Very Happy


And you were implying that Rusty The Dunce brought the Daleks back to their 1960's selves, aka when they at their best.

You FAILED to mention that Fathead made the bigger jokes than ever, as cheesier and cheesier deus ex machina endings were shat out of Rusty to end the season and defeat the Daleks.
You lose!
Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash wrote:
xM002x wrote:
The Earth being towed by the TARDIS is possibly the worst scene in Doctor Who I have ever seen. What the fuck was he thinking? Fucking tit.


I assume Taffy was on some illegal mind-bending drug when he wrote that.


RTD is a wanker. That scene nearly broke my TV.
Back to top
Author Message
Snodgrass



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
Tash wrote:
xM002x wrote:
The Earth being towed by the TARDIS is possibly the worst scene in Doctor Who I have ever seen. What the fuck was he thinking? Fucking tit.


I assume Taffy was on some illegal mind-bending drug when he wrote that.


RTD is a wanker. That scene nearly broke my TV.


I could barely even watch Journey's End, it was that insultingly stupid. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodgrass wrote:
xM002x wrote:
Tash wrote:
xM002x wrote:
The Earth being towed by the TARDIS is possibly the worst scene in Doctor Who I have ever seen. What the fuck was he thinking? Fucking tit.


I assume Taffy was on some illegal mind-bending drug when he wrote that.


RTD is a wanker. That scene nearly broke my TV.


I could barely even watch Journey's End, it was that insultingly stupid. Mad


I believe it even had a FUCKING TOW ROPE.

Seriously, GTFO!!111
Back to top
Author Message
Tash



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Location: Atlantis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that pissed me off most of all about Journey's End was Tensquee's offer to save Davros, excuse me? The guy has just attempted to destroy the entire universe and you want to save him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Snodgrass



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash wrote:
The thing that pissed me off most of all about Journey's End was Tensquee's offer to save Davros, excuse me? The guy has just attempted to destroy the entire universe and you want to save him?


"And afterwards, I think I'll rescue Adolf Eichmann from Mossad..."

Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash wrote:
The thing that pissed me off most of all about Journey's End was Tensquee's offer to save Davros, excuse me? The guy has just attempted to destroy the entire universe and you want to save him? Fuck off.


It's just RTD's completely naive view of the world. Everyone should be happy, lalalalalala. No bad things exists, lalalalala. He's completely deluded.

I don't think Nu-Who can ever recover due to this low-skilled prick. The man's a total and utter twat. To stick the knife in even more by trying to tell everyone it's a "continuation". Just fuck right off, go and make your own Sci-Fi show instead of shitting up the name of Doctor Who. Even Torchwood HAD to be related to Doctor Who... seriously just GTFO. What are you scared of? No bugger will watch yer shite?
Back to top
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journeys ends annoyed me because there were so many unanswered questions (presumably due to RTDs shit writing). Mainly:

1. Why did the Daleks seemingly abduct thousands of people to test a disintegration gun on a handful of humans?

2. If they had already secured other planets, why didn't they have aliens already available for testing?

3. Why would the Daleks put the mother of all control panels in a room where not only someone as untrustworthy as Davros is being kept, but also where they know the Doctor is likely to be held?

4. Why would this mother of all control panels exist? Even if it was normal and reworked to make it this magic console are we expected to believe the Daleks, who developed technology to move planets wouldn't be aware of this potential outcome?

5. Why didn't the Daleks fucking exterminate Donna when she crawled over to the panel?

6. If the panel was as easy to tweek as shown by flicking a few switches, surely the Daleks would have an override?

7. Why would all the Daleks blow up. Surely like most electronics it would have something to protect it from a surge. Similar to how fuse boxs work?

8. Why are the Daleks not being powered by static?

9. Why wouldn't the Daleks have technology to detect aliens on board their ship?

10. Why didn't jack melt or suffocate in the waste disposal unit?

11. If the Daleks destroyed everything they'd die because eventually they would run our of fuel or materials to expand or maintain operations.

12. Why was only the Dalek supreme not effected by the magic switch?

These are a few annoyances of mine. Feel free to answer them Rani.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post.

I would be fascinated to read Rani's response, but may I offer my own thoughts on the matter? I believe it boils down to the fact that RTD is:

1. Thick as shit.
2. Has no imagination.
3. Has no ideas.
4. Has no skill.
5. He thinks he's competant.
6. He thinks things don't need explanations.
7. He can't explain things.
8. He has incredibly bad taste.
9. He has no wonder for how things REALLY work. I bet he thinks his mobile phone is powered by magic, and the TV Remote is a magic wand.
10. Etc.
Back to top
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
Journeys ends annoyed me because there were so many unanswered questions (presumably due to RTDs shit writing). Mainly:

1. Why did the Daleks seemingly abduct thousands of people to test a disintegration gun on a handful of humans?

...


12. Why was only the Dalek supreme not effected by the magic switch?

These are a few annoyances of mine. Feel free to answer them Rani.


Genuine question, Monk: how do you manage to engage with this shite sufficiently to notice all these things? After the first five seconds, was your mind not clouded by a blood-red rage and the overwhelming desire to beat Fathead's "brains" out with a hammer?

Before the opening scene of a Fathead episode is over, I'm ready to go on a killing spree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator General wrote:
munkus wrote:
Journeys ends annoyed me because there were so many unanswered questions (presumably due to RTDs shit writing). Mainly:

1. Why did the Daleks seemingly abduct thousands of people to test a disintegration gun on a handful of humans?

...


12. Why was only the Dalek supreme not effected by the magic switch?

These are a few annoyances of mine. Feel free to answer them Rani.


Genuine question, Monk: how do you manage to engage with this shite sufficiently to notice all these things? After the first five seconds, was your mind not clouded by a blood-red rage and the overwhelming desire to beat Fathead's "brains" out with a hammer?

Before the opening scene of a Fathead episode is over, I'm ready to go on a killing spree.


I've only ever seen JE once. I couldn't bother nor bear to sit through it again. I guess I'm just good at noticing plot holes and errors. To be honest it's not a good thing as it ruins my enjoyment of a lot of shows and movies. I just can't seem to switch it off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
I've only ever seen JE once. I couldn't bother nor bear to sit through it again. I guess I'm just good at noticing plot holes and errors. To be honest it's not a good thing as it ruins my enjoyment of a lot of shows and movies. I just can't seem to switch it off.


I think I've seen it too: I've got a vague recollection of the TARDIS towing the Earth. But beyond that, all I can think of is, "This is shit. This is shit. This is shit."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator General wrote:
munkus wrote:
I've only ever seen JE once. I couldn't bother nor bear to sit through it again. I guess I'm just good at noticing plot holes and errors. To be honest it's not a good thing as it ruins my enjoyment of a lot of shows and movies. I just can't seem to switch it off.


I think I've seen it too: I've got a vague recollection of the TARDIS towing the Earth. But beyond that, all I can think of is, "This is shit. This is shit. This is shit."


Like Love and Monsters for me mate. I can't remember what happened in it. I may have turned it off as far as I can remember.

Do you sometimes feel sad that the whole country is falling head over arse for this shit? I sometimes feel the Hive is the last place for intelligent people to voice concerns on this garbage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tash



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Location: Atlantis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have a photographic memory, and remember the whole bleeding thing almost word for word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:

Like Love and Monsters for me mate. I can't remember what happened in it. I may have turned it off as far as I can remember.

Do you sometimes feel sad that the whole country is falling head over arse for this shit? I sometimes feel the Hive is the last place for intelligent people to voice concerns on this garbage.


Yes, it's genuinely baffling how the general audience and the mob at Gormless Bastards can be so dumb as to not see through it.

In the latter case, I guess it's some kind of self-delusion because they can't even see it when it's pointed out to them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign