FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Gormless Bastards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> General Doctor Who Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
I'm doing a degree in it and I've actually read books on the subject. I don't consider Yahoo Answers a valuable resource.


A degree in what?

Information Technology (in which case it's "I.T." not "it")?

or Discovery Channel Domestic Science?
Back to top
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


Last edited by xM002x on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
I've actually read books on the subject.


Congratulations.

Times Literary Supplement watch out.
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


OK.
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/computing-and-ict/index.htm
Back to top
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordTimelord wrote:
xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


OK.


Fucking hell, I'm only telling people you're wrong which I know for a FACT.

Am I not entitled to argue my case because you're getting offended at being completely wrong?
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
FordTimelord wrote:
xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


OK.


Fucking hell, I'm only telling people you're wrong which I know for a FACT.

Am I not entitled to argue my case because you're getting offended at being completely wrong?


Argue all you want. I'm not getting offended and I'm not wrong.
Back to top
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordTimelord wrote:
xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/computing-and-ict/index.htm


Open University. Beautiful.

My University doesn't offer such a course, as it has integrity.
Back to top
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies please, lets put this aside and focus on the real issues at hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
FordTimelord wrote:
xM002x wrote:
No, you can't get a degree in IT.

I'm studying Software Engineering, which is 90% Computer Science. Networks, programming, logic, AI etc.


http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/computing-and-ict/index.htm


Open University. Beautiful.

My University doesn't offer such a course, as it has integrity.


But not a great jingle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrbxYrMmOc
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkus wrote:
Ladies please, lets put this aside and focus on the real issues at hand.


I need a weapon. Where's that handbag gone?
Back to top
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then explain to me how you can physically change your IP address in the outgoing packet to represent somebody else's IP ( without using a proxy or spoofing ), at the same time making sure the packet is sent back to YOUR real IP address. You can't, because the packet will be sent back to the address you specify, which is coincidentally how Denial of Service attacks work; you send a packet with a modified IP address, the host accepts the packet and sends an acknowledgement to the modified IP address, which is never received or it's discarded. Every time you do that, the host computer keeps a connection open waiting for the next packet ( which never comes ). If you do that with thousands and thousands of packets then the host has so many "waiting" connections open that it can't process anything else.

Last edited by xM002x on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
Then explain to me how you can physically change your IP address in the outgoing packet to represent somebody else's IP ( without using a proxy or spoofing ), at the same time making sure the packet is sent back to YOUR real IP address. You can't, because the packet will be sent back to the address you specify, which is coincidentally how Denial of Service attacks work; you send a packet with a modified IP address, the host accepts the packet and sends an acknowledgement to the modified IP address, which is never received or it's discarded. Every time you do that, the host computer keeps a connection open waiting for the next packet ( which never comes ). If you do that with thousands and thousands of packets then the host has so many "waiting" connections open that it can't process anything else.


I get you to do it for me Smile.


Last edited by FordTimelord on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Author Message
munkus



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 498

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Tour work exactly?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordTimelord wrote:
xM002x wrote:
Then explain to me how you can physically change your IP address in the outgoing packet to represent somebody else's IP ( without using a proxy or spoofing ), at the same time making sure the packet is sent back to YOUR real IP address. You can't, because the packet will be sent back to the address you specify, which is coincidentally how Denial of Service attacks work; you send a packet with a modified IP address, the host accepts the packet and sends an acknowledgement to the modified IP address, which is never received or it's discarded. Every time you do that, the host computer keeps a connection open waiting for the next packet ( which never comes ). If you do that with thousands and thousands of packets then the host has so many "waiting" connections open that it can't process anything else.


I get you to do it for me Smile.


Last edited by xM002x on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> General Doctor Who Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign