FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Inside a Cyberman?

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> General Doctor Who Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
_Liam_
Site Admin


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 3854

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Inside a Cyberman? Reply with quote

Going to resurrect this one, what do you think is inside a cyberman? is the fleshy bit entirely done away with? Do they keep the brain? Is the entire being a weave of both?

The latest episode shows that a cybusman (or at least, a new series cyberman of some kind) still contains the shrivelled head of its human host, but then that's just the new series...

Personally I've always thought it was half and half, and the inside is sort of borg-like and mutilated. Around series 2 there were promotional images that showed the cybusman was entirely mechanical apart from the brain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Frazmataz



Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Inside a Cyberman? Reply with quote

It's specifically stated in 'Rise of the Cybermen'/'Age of Steel' that the Cybusmen are essentially robot bodies controlled by human brains. And since we haven't seen 'our' Cybermen since 'Silver Nemesis', I think they're probably still half-and-half, like they always have been Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the shrunken head in the Cybusman in The Pandorica Opens looked a bit like the head from Tenth Planet Cybermen:



If I recall, there's a documentary on the Attack DVD which discusses the design of Cybermen. Originally, the idea was to have more obviously human limbs and organs visible. I seem to recall there being a sketch with a clear arm with a visible vein with blood running through it. I think the inevitable budgetary contrains put paid to that idea.
_________________
Die zarte, aber helle Differenz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Nuggan



Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always thought of them as basically Borg with armour/full body suits. Basically a human body but with parts grafted on, things inserted into organs, bits removed (like sections of the brain that don't conform), limb replacement perhaps.

Very Borg meets Robocop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
qwerty123



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always thought of the inside of cybermen as being stuffed with 1970s porn mags and dead crabs.
_________________
They walk among us apparently. yup yup yup!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
War Arrow



Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 550
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwerty123 wrote:
I had always thought of the inside of cybermen as being stuffed with 1970s porn mags and dead crabs.

Why dead crabs?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Inside a Cyberman? Reply with quote

_Liam_ wrote:
Going to resurrect this one, what do you think is inside a cyberman? is the fleshy bit entirely done away with? Do they keep the brain? Is the entire being a weave of both?

The latest episode shows that a cybusman (or at least, a new series cyberman of some kind) still contains the shrivelled head of its human host, but then that's just the new series...

Personally I've always thought it was half and half, and the inside is sort of borg-like and mutilated. Around series 2 there were promotional images that showed the cybusman was entirely mechanical apart from the brain.


First thing I thought of when the face plate opened was this:



But really, it didn't make much sense, did it? If the Moffat Cyberman is like the classic Cybermen (and the consensus here is that that means Borg-like), the organic and mechanical would be much more integrated - what we saw was more like a head falling out of a suit of armour.

The Borg really stole the Cybermen's thunder when Who was off-air in the nineties and, so far, nothing has been done to redress that.

As for what's inside a Fathead-era Cybusman, I'd imagine they're full of shit like their creator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
renegade



Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 670

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just an image they liked that makes no sense. Like the rest of the episode, so it's consistant if nothing else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDarkLord wrote:
"...or their heads exploding from the overload of emotions."


Like members of Goonbase watching a Fathead episode...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Inside a Cyberman? Reply with quote

Moderator General wrote:
_Liam_ wrote:
Going to resurrect this one, what do you think is inside a cyberman? is the fleshy bit entirely done away with? Do they keep the brain? Is the entire being a weave of both?

The latest episode shows that a cybusman (or at least, a new series cyberman of some kind) still contains the shrivelled head of its human host, but then that's just the new series...

Personally I've always thought it was half and half, and the inside is sort of borg-like and mutilated. Around series 2 there were promotional images that showed the cybusman was entirely mechanical apart from the brain.


First thing I thought of when the face plate opened was this:



But really, it didn't make much sense, did it? If the Moffat Cyberman is like the classic Cybermen (and the consensus here is that that means Borg-like), the organic and mechanical would be much more integrated - what we saw was more like a head falling out of a suit of armour.

The Borg really stole the Cybermen's thunder when Who was off-air in the nineties and, so far, nothing has been done to redress that.

As for what's inside a Fathead-era Cybusman, I'd imagine they're full of shit like their creator.


Frak Frak FRAK!
Back to top
Author Message
_Liam_
Site Admin


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 3854

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we've taken this into account...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
richayard



Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Liam_ wrote:
I don't think we've taken this into account...



Chibnall's first and greatest crime
_________________
cthulhu bum you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Professor



Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 1948

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Shitball saw:



And lo, he created:



Shitball saw:



And lo, he created:



Things Shitball has yet to see:








Hold onto your hats...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Sir John Sudbury



Joined: 06 Jan 2009
Posts: 428
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Wheeeeaton! Wheeeeeaton!!



Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Frazmataz



Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir John Sudbury wrote:


Smile


Laughing I love that episode! One of the funniest bits of TV I've ever seen Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> General Doctor Who Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign