FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
John Scott Martin RIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Doctor Who News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chancellor Valium



Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 3213
Location: Behind the First Mystery which is the Last Mystery which is the twenty-fourth mystery and Great Amen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.

Writers of Slime and Gurney's Wind, if you please. Let's call things by their proper names.
_________________
"My fellow Americans: As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say to you: We must move forward, not backward! Upward, not forward! And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
Vector-Victor



Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 2599
Location: Cork, Ireland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good actor. RIP. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Melkur



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear this indeed. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.
Hah, two of those are out and out classics!
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.
Hah, two of those are out and out classics!


Yes. Classic pieces of shit.
_________________
Die zarte, aber helle Differenz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mike



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3442
Location: Behind The Wall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.
Hah, two of those are out and out classics!

Which ones? All the stories in that list have big fuck off flaws.
_________________
"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.
Hah, two of those are out and out classics!

Which ones? All the stories in that list have big fuck off flaws.


I suspect Rani is referring to Love and Monsters and Last of the Time Turds, Mike.
_________________
Die zarte, aber helle Differenz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mike



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3442
Location: Behind The Wall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
B3 wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing



It's enough that Ruminant T Diddle was responsible for the crimes of Love and Monsters, Last of the Time Turds, Partners in Crime, and Journey's End.
Hah, two of those are out and out classics!

Which ones? All the stories in that list have big fuck off flaws.


I suspect Rani is referring to Love and Monsters and Last of the Time Turds, Mike.

It wouldn't surprise me. That's the sad thing.
_________________
"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing In truth Rob emits more hot air than anyone else on the planet. Laughing

Nonsense.

RTD callously dismissed John Scott Martin in the same flippant manner he cruelly dismissed Terry Molloy and Paul McGann.

In John Scott Martins case, he was an old man and had been loyal and done 26 years service to the programme.

I dare say he died a heart broken man, his professional confidence shattered for all time because of Fatheads bullying arrogance.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Melkur



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing In truth Rob emits more hot air than anyone else on the planet. Laughing

Nonsense.

RTD callously dismissed John Scott Martin in the same flippant manner he cruelly dismissed Terry Molloy and Paul McGann.

In John Scott Martins case, he was an old man and had been loyal and done 26 years service to the programme.

I dare say he died a heart broken man, his professional confidence shattered for all time because of Fatheads bullying arrogance.


Possibly better than dying of exhaustion inside a Dalek casing?

Seriously, though, it's a bit in poor taste for you to use the death of an old man as an excuse to have another bash as Davies. It's not really the place, is it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melkur wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Pex wrote:
I had a feeling that RTD would turn out to have been involved Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up deciding that he was behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Rob probably blames RTD for climate change and the conflict in Gaza! Laughing In truth Rob emits more hot air than anyone else on the planet. Laughing

Nonsense.

RTD callously dismissed John Scott Martin in the same flippant manner he cruelly dismissed Terry Molloy and Paul McGann.

In John Scott Martins case, he was an old man and had been loyal and done 26 years service to the programme.

I dare say he died a heart broken man, his professional confidence shattered for all time because of Fatheads bullying arrogance.


Possibly better than dying of exhaustion inside a Dalek casing?

Seriously, though, it's a bit in poor taste for you to use the death of an old man as an excuse to have another bash as Davies. It's not really the place, is it?

It IS relevant however, the news article clearly states that it was John Scott Martins final wish that he could roll out at "Lead Dalek" one final time in the new series.

RTD basically swept aside a now deceased and loyal workers final request for the sake of his over-bloated ego.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mike



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3442
Location: Behind The Wall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob has a point. And IMO saying that, Rob is showing an immense amount of respect for the man.
_________________
"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
Melkur



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Rob has a point. And IMO saying that, Rob is showing an immense amount of respect for the man.


I don't doubt that we all have a lot of respect for the man – but making out that he somehow died of a broken heart because he couldn't play a Dalek on TV is selling him rather short, in my opinion. I don't suppose that was Rob's intention, but in taking the opportunity to insult Davies, he's also painting a rather pathetic image of John Scott Martin, which I don't think has any basis in reality.

I'm sure John would have indeed loved to have played a Dalek again, but he was 82 years old for crying out loud! He didn't die because of the sorrow of that, he died because he was old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mike



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 3442
Location: Behind The Wall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melkur wrote:
Mike wrote:
Rob has a point. And IMO saying that, Rob is showing an immense amount of respect for the man.


I don't doubt that we all have a lot of respect for the man – but making out that he somehow died of a broken heart because he couldn't play a Dalek on TV is selling him rather short, in my opinion. I don't suppose that was Rob's intention, but in taking the opportunity to insult Davies, he's also painting a rather pathetic image of John Scott Martin, which I don't think has any basis in reality.

I'm sure John would have indeed loved to have played a Dalek again, but he was 82 years old for crying out loud! He didn't die because of the sorrow of that, he died because he was old.

I think Rob may have been saying he might as well have died of a broken heart, considering the circumstances.
_________________
"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melkur wrote:
Mike wrote:
Rob has a point. And IMO saying that, Rob is showing an immense amount of respect for the man.


I don't doubt that we all have a lot of respect for the man – but making out that he somehow died of a broken heart because he couldn't play a Dalek on TV is selling him rather short, in my opinion. I don't suppose that was Rob's intention, but in taking the opportunity to insult Davies, he's also painting a rather pathetic image of John Scott Martin, which I don't think has any basis in reality.

I'm sure John would have indeed loved to have played a Dalek again, but he was 82 years old for crying out loud! He didn't die because of the sorrow of that, he died because he was old.

Indeed John Scott Martin was very old and very fragile and therefore a lot more vulnerable and sensitive to the actions of others.

RTD dismissing him so callously out of hand was probably the straw which broke the camels back.

He could have at least let John Scott Martin eagerly climb in and try out one of the shiny new Daleks for Christs sake!

What is the fucking matter with the selfish man?

Has he no fucking pity at all?

Does he never think of the consequences before dismissing stalwarts of the original series so flippantly?

I'm surprised poor Terrance Dicks hasn't broken down and snuffed it yet either because of this cruel heartless man depriving classic series professionals their rightful share. Over FIVE YEARS he's patiently waited and been dismissed for a script now, it's a disgrace and completely disrespectful to the veterans who have put in DECADES of service.

RIP John Scott Martin - a true a loyal servant to the series and one whom we will NEVER EVER forget.

Unlike RTD whose dumb arse will hopefully be well and truly fucking smacked by the door on the way out.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Doctor Who News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign