FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Key to Time Box Set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Fatboy Levine explicitly said there would be no 5th series after the specials. He made a prize berk out of himself. Still as long as he has you in your white gym shorts to console him.

FACT: Dr Who is in production in 2009. Get over it.


FACT: Doctor Who is NOT in production as a series in 2009.

Weep it up fanboy! Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Fatboy Levine explicitly said there would be no 5th series after the specials. He made a prize berk out of himself. Still as long as he has you in your white gym shorts to console him.

FACT: Dr Who is in production in 2009. Get over it.


FACT: Doctor Who is NOT in production as a series in 2009.

Weep it up fanboy! Very Happy
Why weep, we get new episodes produced. New Who in 2009 and 2010. Pity Primeval can't commit that far ahead eh?

Now who's weeping eh? Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Why weep, we get new episodes produced. New Who in 2009 and 2010. Pity Primeval can't commit that far ahead eh?

Now who's weeping eh? Laughing


Boo hoo hoo!

Rani has no RTD series in 2009!

Weep it up fanboy!Very Happy

The rest of us will all be watching Primeval which will have stolen RTD's thunder by then cos he was too busy throwing his toys out of the pram cos everyone prefers Moffat and Gattis's scripts to his own third rate hack! Very Happy


_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and where have they said we will get Primeval in 2009 AND 2010?

Lol, we WILL watch new Who then though won't we. You'l be crying over your SClub7 posters then Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Oh and where have they said we will get Primeval in 2009 AND 2010?

Lol, we WILL watch new Who then though won't we. You'l be crying over your SClub7 posters then Laughing

Primeval has not just been confirmed for a second series for the 2008 but a THIRD series also!

Weep it up Rani, whilst Doctor Who has been cancelled because of RTD and his selfish big baby strop, we will all be able to enjoy Primeval!

Boo hoo hoo, don't cry Rani, there's a brave boy!

Russells little soldier!
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Oh and where have they said we will get Primeval in 2009 AND 2010?

Lol, we WILL watch new Who then though won't we. You'l be crying over your SClub7 posters then Laughing

Primeval has not just been confirmed for a second series for the 2008 but a THIRD series also!

Weep it up Rani, whilst Doctor Who has been cancelled because of RTD and his selfish big baby strop, we will all be able to enjoy Primeval!

Boo hoo hoo, don't cry Rani, there's a brave boy!

Russells little soldier!
Lol, cancelled in the sense that there are 3 extra specials in 2009 and a fifth series in 2010. This must be some hitherto unknown definition of the word cancelled Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Oh and where have they said we will get Primeval in 2009 AND 2010?

Lol, we WILL watch new Who then though won't we. You'l be crying over your SClub7 posters then Laughing

Primeval has not just been confirmed for a second series for the 2008 but a THIRD series also!

Weep it up Rani, whilst Doctor Who has been cancelled because of RTD and his selfish big baby strop, we will all be able to enjoy Primeval!

Boo hoo hoo, don't cry Rani, there's a brave boy!

Russells little soldier!
Lol, cancelled in the sense that there are 3 extra specials in 2009 and a fifth series in 2010. This must be some hitherto unknown definition of the word cancelled Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Answer me this in a one word answer then Rani, is there or is there not a series in 2009?

The answer is a resounding "NO!"

Why not?

Because the series got cancelled for that year you nincompoop! Very Happy

No go drink your milk and weep it up Rani!
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Oh and where have they said we will get Primeval in 2009 AND 2010?

Lol, we WILL watch new Who then though won't we. You'l be crying over your SClub7 posters then Laughing

Primeval has not just been confirmed for a second series for the 2008 but a THIRD series also!

Weep it up Rani, whilst Doctor Who has been cancelled because of RTD and his selfish big baby strop, we will all be able to enjoy Primeval!

Boo hoo hoo, don't cry Rani, there's a brave boy!

Russells little soldier!
Lol, cancelled in the sense that there are 3 extra specials in 2009 and a fifth series in 2010. This must be some hitherto unknown definition of the word cancelled Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Answer me this in a one word answer then Rani, is there or is there not a series in 2009?

The answer is a resounding "NO!"

Why not?

Because the series got cancelled for that year you nincompoop! Very Happy

No go drink your milk and weep it up Rani!
Seeing as you answered for me, answer me this then Filth. Is there or is there not new Dr Who in 2009 and 2010?

And if so how does this mean Dr Who is cancelled?
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Seeing as you answered for me, answer me this then Filth. Is there or is there not new Dr Who in 2009 and 2010?

And if so how does this mean Dr Who is cancelled?

There is NO NEW SERIES IN 2009.

WEEP IT UP FANBOY! Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Seeing as you answered for me, answer me this then Filth. Is there or is there not new Dr Who in 2009 and 2010?

And if so how does this mean Dr Who is cancelled?

There is NO NEW SERIES IN 2009.

WEEP IT UP FANBOY! Very Happy
Is there or is there not new Dr Who in 2009 and 2010?

And if so how does this mean Dr Who is cancelled?
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I watched episode one of Androids of Tara with the commentary. How refreshing to hear Tom explain that one of the actors is an expert on Proust. I love classic Who commentaries; they assume the audience isn't brain dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
Last night I watched episode one of Androids of Tara with the commentary. How refreshing to hear Tom explain that one of the actors is an expert on Proust. I love classic Who commentaries; they assume the audience isn't brain dead.

They don't get cancelled either unlike RTD's remake! Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.


Last edited by RobFilth on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
sanchez



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 406

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Another "Golden age of Prosperity".....? Reply with quote

I see Virgin Shops are fully partaking in the: "Lets rip off those gullible Dr.Who fans before the bubble bursts...." extravaganza.....

last week "Key To Time" box set was £55 in their shop....today I noticed that it has suddenly leapt up to £70....!!!!

So a sudden "price hike" of an extra £15 is thrown on fans of the clasiic show.....meanwhile I noticed several of those supposedly Magnificent "Award winning" films and trendy modern series were all in the "Sale" at big marked DOWN prices....
....seems they are having trouble giving 'em away....!

I spoke with a guy I know in the shop....he agreed the sudden price hike was out of order....then told me he had heard the BBC were apparently "very disappointed" with the last David Tennant series...(perhaps poor Martha was made the "Fall girl"...?) and they in the shop all felt that every effort was now being made to "milk" the last drop out of the fans before the bubble bursts....

He also tld me that a "Davros" box set...featuring some stories already out on DVD is coming up...another "Rip off" of the fans... Sad


and he had noticed how many "Tom Baker era" DVD's (from the era that the BBC itself considers to be the strongest) were suddenly all being issued in a row ....
...when many older series fans were actually wanting more vintage stories, plus certain later ones too....(something I have noticed requested by a fair number of fans on various forums),
.....as if BBC were "Quickly pushing for the last buck"....while the show was still popular....(?)

This might also explain why the "Animation" of missing episodes so suddenly fell through....which that Levine chap thought would "restore" every story so I read.....yeah !

Whatever....I see sweeping economy cuts are now underway at the Beeb....Natasha Koplinkski (or whatever,) has already "jumped Ship" on a beechers boy over to Channel Five.... Rolling Eyes

while Jonathan Woss will have to suffer a big pay cut too.....oh what a pity Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hardly looks promising for RTD & co......does it ?
_________________
"They did manage to summon up enough Temporal Energy to pop me down here...into my own future so to speak...."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Another "Golden age of Prosperity".....? Reply with quote

sanchez wrote:
Hardly looks promising for RTD & co......does it ?

No it doesn't.

I bet when the series eventually comes back from its hiatus in 2010 it will be 13x 25 minute episodes so the BBC can claim it is on for as many weeks as it was in 2008 and 4 times as many epidodes made as in 2009 despite the fact they will have slashed the budget by 50%.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Cornelia



Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 1202

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Another "Golden age of Prosperity".....? Reply with quote

sanchez wrote:

I spoke with a guy I know in the shop....he agreed the sudden price hike was out of order....then told me he had heard the BBC were apparently "very disappointed" with the last David Tennant series...(perhaps poor Martha was made the "Fall girl"...?) and they in the shop all felt that every effort was now being made to "milk" the last drop out of the fans before the bubble bursts....



Did he know in what way the BBC were disappointed with the last series? Was it in terms of sales of DVDS, etc, or in terms of quality?

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign