FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Moffat: “Old Daleks Coming Back”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
You heard it here first folks. Rob found the Myrka incredibly scary. The forum clown is back!

I didn't say that you ArseClown, I said that compared with the idiotic Disney Creatures that Fathead came up with like the Flumps the Myrka was scary.

Hilarious that Rani thinks a load of Disney Potatoes are a good monster!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What a Fathead Fawning Fool he is! Very Happy
But the Myrka isn't remotely scary, it's hilarious. Just like you! Laughing

Nonsense Rani, everyone is keeling over like hyenas here literally wetting themselves with laughter at your utter foolishness here! Very Happy

God help Rani if he thinks the Adipose are scary! He must crap his pants each time he walks in to a Greengrocers and sees a sack of spuds!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mistress Rani wrote:
munkus wrote:
The Myrka is actually quite scary, not because it looks good (which it doesn't) but because of the air of impending doom surrounding it.

The adipose couldn't even create an air of tension.
You're bidding for Rob's title of forum clown here aren't you monkey? Laughing You think a panto horse from Rentaghost creates an air of impending doom? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You'd better let Rob give you his red nose and floppy shoes!

Lol, the fact that Rani thinks the Myrka costume was in Rentaghost shows what a complete and utter fool he is! Very Happy Very Happy

At least the Myrka killed people so therefore was a lethal threat, where as the Adipose were utter Disney shite.

Rani once featured in the story "The Greatest Show In The Galaxy" - he was the Chief Clown! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
You heard it here first folks. Rob found the Myrka incredibly scary. The forum clown is back!

I didn't say that you ArseClown, I said that compared with the idiotic Disney Creatures that Fathead came up with like the Flumps the Myrka was scary.

Hilarious that Rani thinks a load of Disney Potatoes are a good monster!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What a Fathead Fawning Fool he is! Very Happy
But the Myrka isn't remotely scary, it's hilarious. Just like you! Laughing

Nonsense Rani, everyone is keeling over like hyenas here literally wetting themselves with laughter at your utter foolishness here! Very Happy

God help Rani if he thinks the Adipose are scary! He must crap his pants each time he walks in to a Greengrocers and sees a sack of spuds!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mistress Rani wrote:
munkus wrote:
The Myrka is actually quite scary, not because it looks good (which it doesn't) but because of the air of impending doom surrounding it.

The adipose couldn't even create an air of tension.
You're bidding for Rob's title of forum clown here aren't you monkey? Laughing You think a panto horse from Rentaghost creates an air of impending doom? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You'd better let Rob give you his red nose and floppy shoes!

Lol, the fact that Rani thinks the Myrka costume was in Rentaghost shows what a complete and utter fool he is! Very Happy Very Happy

At least the Myrka killed people so therefore was a lethal threat, where as the Adipose were utter Disney shite.

Rani once featured in the story "The Greatest Show In The Galaxy" - he was the Chief Clown! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Please can you refer to the post where I said I found them scary?

And if you can't see the resemblance between Dobbin and his half brother Myrka then you need clown specs. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Please can you refer to the post where I said I found them scary?

You laughingly claimed that Fatheads walking white turdmen the Adipose were more scary than The Myrka, almost as funny as the time when you claimed his idiotic Pinky and Perky Pigmen were scary!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mistress Rani wrote:
And if you can't see the resemblance between Dobbin and his half brother Myrka then you need clown specs. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wasn't aware that Dobbin was an underwater sea creature which could electricute people, you utter half-wit!

I suggest you maybe turn the dimmer switch off on your Clown Brain before engaging your fingers on your Clown Keyboard on your Clown Computer next time.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Laughing Spam Fritter



Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "operators" (ie. blokes inside) the Myrka were the same as those of Dobbin the pantomime horse in Rentaghost. There's a hell of a lot more wrong with 'Warriors of the Deep' than that, though; the utter ruination of the Silurians and Sea Devils is the worst aspect. The Silurian voices and masks are abysmal, as are the daft Samurai Sea Devil costumes and skew-wiff masks, and the notion that one of the Silurians is the same who encountered the Doctor at Wenley Moor is laughable.

Practically every monster or villain from the series' past which was brought back in the JN-T era was a disaster: the Ainley Master, Omega, the Guardians with their ridiculous pigeon head-dresses, the Ena Sharples Davros and Milkybar Daleks, the tall Sontarans with their wobbly collars, etc. The Cybermen were quite good in "Earthshock' despite their tacky redesign, shit voices and David Banks generally, but were soon reduced to a blundering laughing stock becoming far too vulnerable and getting wiped out by a ballet dancing poove amongst other things. The less said about the Fat (Cyber) Controller the better! I'm just glad that the Autons escaped by the skin of their teeth (although Fathead and Muppet have subsequently destroyed them forever), and that the Ice Warriors were saved by the axe twice!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Spam Fritter wrote:
Practically every monster or villain from the series' past which was brought back in the JN-T era was a disaster: the Ainley Master, Omega, the Guardians with their ridiculous pigeon head-dresses, the Ena Sharples Davros and Milkybar Daleks, the tall Sontarans with their wobbly collars, etc. The Cybermen were quite good in "Earthshock' despite their tacky redesign, shit voices and David Banks generally, but were soon reduced to a blundering laughing stock becoming far too vulnerable and getting wiped out by a ballet dancing poove amongst other things. The less said about the Fat (Cyber) Controller the better!

I disagree with this slightly.

Although later JNT revisions of old enemies were not very successful(due to cheapening budgets and bad flat direction), I would say the return of The Cybermen, and Davros(pre Grades hiatus) were handled well and the returns of Omega and The Black/White Guardians were handled adequately.

Admittedly the Sea Devils/Silurians and Sontarans were less successful due to the aforementioned cheapen production values and awful direction, and post-Grades Hiatus the programme had had all of it's teeth pulled out so no old monster returns were ever going to be successful after that point anyway..
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Please can you refer to the post where I said I found them scary?

You laughingly claimed that Fatheads walking white turdmen the Adipose were more scary than The Myrka, almost as funny as the time when you claimed his idiotic Pinky and Perky Pigmen were scary!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mistress Rani wrote:
And if you can't see the resemblance between Dobbin and his half brother Myrka then you need clown specs. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wasn't aware that Dobbin was an underwater sea creature which could electricute people, you utter half-wit!

I suggest you maybe turn the dimmer switch off on your Clown Brain before engaging your fingers on your Clown Keyboard on your Clown Computer next time.
The costume was nothing more than a panto horse painted green and was "manned" in the same way.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
The costume was nothing more than a panto horse painted green and was "manned" in the same way.

Really?

I wasn't aware that it took an entire production crew to dress the operators in Dobbin the Pantohorse or that it needed a camera moniter for the operators to see where the fuck they were going?

No wonder they were all ghosts on Rentaghost- Dobbin the Panto Horse must have electrocuted all of the characters according to Rani!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatleks might be getting dumped:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/640125/doctor_who_have_the_new_daleks_been_dumped.html

Quote:
Doctor Who: have the new Daleks been dumped?

Simon Brew

Are the redesigned Daleks getting the heave-ho from Doctor Who? Or has a tabloid bolted together a few quotes to try and make a story that may not be there?

Published on Oct 20, 2010

One of the more contentious moments of Doctor Who's fifth series since it was revived was the redesign of the Daleks. They were seen in Victory Of The Daleks, and immediately drew comparisons to Teletubbies and Power Rangers, depending which quarter of the Internet you were reading at the time.

Having seen them close up at the Doctor Who Live tour, I can't say I muster up the depth of dislike for them as some seem to, and always hoped that it might all lead to an Imperial vs Renegade Dalek battle along the lines of Remembrance Of The Daleks.

According to our Doctor Who tabloid rumour of the day, however, that might not be happening.

It had already been widely rumoured that the Daleks were going to get a series off from Doctor Who, given that they've appeared in every full run since the show came back in 2005. But The Sun is now suggesting that the decision has been made to dump the new Daleks altogether.

Actually, it's quite vague in some of its language, reporting that Steven Moffat has said that the old versions are coming back (which was known anyway). "Moffat decided that too much had been changed in the show - and fans are delighted," reads the article.

The piece does lead with the statement that the new Daleks have been "ditched", with the reason being "a fans' backlash". But we're still going to go out on a limb here and suggest that we might just be seeing them again.

Here's the piece at The Sun.


Sun article
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3187825/Teletubby-Daleks-from-Doctor-Who-are-given-the-boot.html

Quote:
DOCTOR Who bosses have ditched the new multi-coloured Daleks - after a fans' backlash.

Show chief Stephen Moffat had wanted to bring in different versions - and dump the classic favourites.

But after fans reacted furiously he changed his mind, saying: "We're not going to lose the old Daleks. We're keeping them. They're coming back."

It looked like the end for the original version of the aliens when they were killed off in the spring by their multi-coloured rivals - slated by Who lovers as looking like Teletubbies.

But the old Daleks, which appeared in 1963 with the "Exterminate!" catchphrase, won a reprieve.

Moffat decided that too much had been changed in the show - and fans are delighted.

One wrote online: "It is clearly a U-turn due to the almost universal mockery and derision the new design provoked."
Back to top
Author Message
Pex



Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 2514
Location: Paradise Towers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Brew is also a writer for Micro Mart, Britain's most stock-photo-filled weekly computer magazine. I mention this because I've often wondered why MM has an advert for DOG in it every week.
_________________
Coalition would mean Con policies, Con leadership by a Con party for a Con trick - Harold Wilson, October 1974
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Jimmy Nimbus



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 414

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
The Fatleks are clearly the worst design to appear on New Who



/
I agree!

With that whole Myrka vs Adipose or A.N.Other NuWho moster, we're talking again about the difference between design and realisation. I think few will agree that the Myrka was a success in the realisation terms but it's a solid concept and design.

I remember once defending the design of the Abzorbaloff because, IIRC, the original design called for it to be the size of a bus, gelatinous, see through and able to absorb people who could then be seen (dissolving?) through the skin of the creature. What it emphatically wasn't was an unfunny comedian in a hat leading to the inevitable loincloth and fart gags.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Snodgrass



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank fuck the Fatleks are going. Personally I wish that they'd go back to the original colour schemes. Either the silver/blue livery or grey/black livery would be great. Though, I think that the grey/black might suit them better, as it makes them more darker and militaristic looking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> The Current Era All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign