FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Rumoured DVD Releases
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Rumoured DVD Releases Reply with quote

Black Orchid


Invasion of Time (available as separate release or part of Sontaran box-set entitled Bred for War)


The Invisible Enemy/K-9 and Company (as individual releases or together)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
mumbles



Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 699
Location: Stoner's Pot Palace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumoured DVD Releases Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
Black Orchid


Invasion of Time (available as separate release or part of Sontaran box-set entitled Bred for War)


The Invisible Enemy/K-9 and Company (as individual releases or together)


Actually I think all of those stories have been confirmed for DVD ..
I have heard rumours of Battlefield, The Krotons and Attack of the Cybermen also coming out later this year though (rumours only)
_________________
'Sometimes. I tell them to F**K off' - Clive Swift after being interviewed in DWM

"Taken on a per capita basis and pound for pound, Colin's stories beat Tennant's like Ike beat Tina"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Invisible Enemy has had its extras cleared by the BBFC so that's normally a good sign. The Brain of Morbius, Invisible Enemy and k9 & Co are confirmed.

Amazon are also listing the Daemons but with no release date. I know the Target audiobook is out in June so it may tie up with that.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
G80TV



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 459

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a strange choice of releases. I haven't checked, but are these "complete the season" releases so that 2Entertain can bring out season-wide boxsets? I imagine that's the case for Battlefield and Attack of the Cybermen, certainly.

Invasion of Time, Brain of Morbius and The Invisible Enemy seems to be more Tom Baker overload - we have just had the Key to Time box-set and Destiny of the Daleks. Personally I'd have prefered more Pertwees and Hartnells - particularly given that Tom Baker's serials are being shown on cable right now.

Still, I guess we've done well recently with the Time Meddler and Silurians box-set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G80TV wrote:
Seems to be a strange choice of releases. I haven't checked, but are these "complete the season" releases so that 2Entertain can bring out season-wide boxsets? I imagine that's the case for Battlefield and Attack of the Cybermen, certainly.

Invasion of Time, Brain of Morbius and The Invisible Enemy seems to be more Tom Baker overload - we have just had the Key to Time box-set and Destiny of the Daleks. Personally I'd have prefered more Pertwees and Hartnells - particularly given that Tom Baker's serials are being shown on cable right now.

Still, I guess we've done well recently with the Time Meddler and Silurians box-set.


I think it makes sense to release more fourth Doctor era stories. After all, there's more of them and now the venerable Tom has come back to live in Britain, he's available for commentaries.

It's a tragedy that after The Krotons there's not many complete Troughton stories left. Off the top of my head Dominators and The War Games are all that remain. I suppose the Ice Warriors could be released in some form, maybe with Invasion-style animation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
G80TV



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 459

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
I think it makes sense to release more fourth Doctor era stories. After all, there's more of them and now the venerable Tom has come back to live in Britain, he's available for commentaries.

It's a tragedy that after The Krotons there's not many complete Troughton stories left. Off the top of my head Dominators and The War Games are all that remain. I suppose the Ice Warriors could be released in some form, maybe with Invasion-style animation.

I'm not objecting to Tom Baker releases per se, just that I'd like to see more of the black & whites and Pertwees. It's easy to dismiss them but, if recent releases are anything to go by, there's some good stuff there still to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G80TV wrote:
B3 wrote:
I think it makes sense to release more fourth Doctor era stories. After all, there's more of them and now the venerable Tom has come back to live in Britain, he's available for commentaries.

It's a tragedy that after The Krotons there's not many complete Troughton stories left. Off the top of my head Dominators and The War Games are all that remain. I suppose the Ice Warriors could be released in some form, maybe with Invasion-style animation.

I'm not objecting to Tom Baker releases per se, just that I'd like to see more of the black & whites and Pertwees. It's easy to dismiss them but, if recent releases are anything to go by, there's some good stuff there still to come.


True.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B3 wrote:
G80TV wrote:
Seems to be a strange choice of releases. I haven't checked, but are these "complete the season" releases so that 2Entertain can bring out season-wide boxsets? I imagine that's the case for Battlefield and Attack of the Cybermen, certainly.

Invasion of Time, Brain of Morbius and The Invisible Enemy seems to be more Tom Baker overload - we have just had the Key to Time box-set and Destiny of the Daleks. Personally I'd have prefered more Pertwees and Hartnells - particularly given that Tom Baker's serials are being shown on cable right now.

Still, I guess we've done well recently with the Time Meddler and Silurians box-set.


I think it makes sense to release more fourth Doctor era stories. After all, there's more of them and now the venerable Tom has come back to live in Britain, he's available for commentaries.

It's a tragedy that after The Krotons there's not many complete Troughton stories left. Off the top of my head Dominators and The War Games are all that remain. I suppose the Ice Warriors could be released in some form, maybe with Invasion-style animation.
War Games has just GOT to be released. A great story. Sadly I think there is little chance of any more Invasion style animations
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
B3 wrote:
G80TV wrote:
Seems to be a strange choice of releases. I haven't checked, but are these "complete the season" releases so that 2Entertain can bring out season-wide boxsets? I imagine that's the case for Battlefield and Attack of the Cybermen, certainly.

Invasion of Time, Brain of Morbius and The Invisible Enemy seems to be more Tom Baker overload - we have just had the Key to Time box-set and Destiny of the Daleks. Personally I'd have prefered more Pertwees and Hartnells - particularly given that Tom Baker's serials are being shown on cable right now.

Still, I guess we've done well recently with the Time Meddler and Silurians box-set.


I think it makes sense to release more fourth Doctor era stories. After all, there's more of them and now the venerable Tom has come back to live in Britain, he's available for commentaries.

It's a tragedy that after The Krotons there's not many complete Troughton stories left. Off the top of my head Dominators and The War Games are all that remain. I suppose the Ice Warriors could be released in some form, maybe with Invasion-style animation.
War Games has just GOT to be released. A great story. Sadly I think there is little chance of any more Invasion style animations


Let's hope the RT redub The War Games to fit in with New Who. The War Lord could fart all the way through the last four episodes, the SIDRATs could belch upon opening, and Jamie and Zoƫ could have a bitch fight to see which of them wants Troughton's cock the most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once Troughton has been put on trial by the Time Lords and he realises he isn't going to see Jamie again, both men should embrace in a full on soft-lit slow motion tonguey slurping snog which lingers for a good minute or two with loads of mawkish heightened orchestral music too.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
I think once Troughton has been put on trial by the Time Lords and he realises he isn't going to see Jamie again, both men should embrace in a full on soft-lit slow motion tonguey slurping snog which lingers for a good minute or two with loads of mawkish heightened orchestral music too.



They could add an extra scene at the end with Padbury and Hines looking up at the sky teary-eyed, saying in unison: "We wuv you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
_Liam_
Site Admin


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 3854

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep k9 and company is a cert, Nige on DWW posted an update on the brain of morbius dvd that spilled a few beans

Nigel wrote:
It's been classified at the BBFC;

Quote:
00:32:04:01 GETTING A HEAD
00:06:08:11 DESIGNS ON KARN
00:01:40:10 (EASTER EGG 1)
00:01:10:15 A LETTER TO ROBERT HOLMES (EASTER EGG 2)
00:02:20:19 SKETCH GALLERY
00:02:11:19 THE BRAIN OF MORBIUS - SET TOUR
00:04:33:23 THE BRAIN OF MORBIUS - PHOTO GALLERY
00:01:14:05 DOCTOR WHO - COMING SOON TO DVD... - THE INVISIBLE ENEMY & K9 AND COMPANY

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Anneke Wills has recorded a commentary for The War Machines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
G80TV



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 459

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Sontaran DVD boxset? Reply with quote

Is this a Sontaran boxset, to coincide with The Invasion of Time DVD...?

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5267098/Doctor-Who-Bred-For-War/Product.html

Can't find much about it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
B3



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sontaran DVD boxset? Reply with quote

G80TV wrote:
Is this a Sontaran boxset, to coincide with The Invasion of Time DVD...?

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5267098/Doctor-Who-Bred-For-War/Product.html

Can't find much about it...


See my post at the top of the page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign