FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Suggestions/Complaints
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Forum News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose the following motion:

I think that the "Current Era" section of the forum should only reflect discussion of New Series 5 of Doctor Who onwards i.e. that starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and produced by Steven Moffatt.

The "Classic Series" section should remain as it is, covering Doctor Who since its inception in 1963 through to the TV Movie in 1996.

Anything else should be ignored. If debate is proposed on this proposal I suggest a poll with 2 options like in The Beast Below.

Option 1 - PROTEST - The Russell T Davies era is kept in the forum as it is part of Doctor Who.

Option 2 - FORGET - My suggestion is acted on and any reference to the Russell T Davies era is deleted. To prevent future reference to this horrific chapter in history, judicious use of the swear filter is used. How the swear filter is used would be a discussion for another time.

Is there anyone to second this motion?
Back to top
Author Message
monky



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 952

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordTimelord wrote:
I propose the following motion:

I think that the "Current Era" section of the forum should only reflect discussion of New Series 5 of Doctor Who onwards i.e. that starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and produced by Steven Moffatt.

The "Classic Series" section should remain as it is, covering Doctor Who since its inception in 1963 through to the TV Movie in 1996.

Anything else should be ignored. If debate is proposed on this proposal I suggest a poll with 2 options like in The Beast Below.

Option 1 - PROTEST - The Russell T Davies era is kept in the forum as it is part of Doctor Who.

Option 2 - FORGET - My suggestion is acted on and any reference to the Russell T Davies era is deleted. To prevent future reference to this horrific chapter in history, judicious use of the swear filter is used. How the swear filter is used would be a discussion for another time.

Is there anyone to second this motion?


Shouldnt we wait to see if Moffat goes down hill first?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
FordTimelord
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monky wrote:
FordTimelord wrote:
I propose the following motion:

I think that the "Current Era" section of the forum should only reflect discussion of New Series 5 of Doctor Who onwards i.e. that starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and produced by Steven Moffatt.

The "Classic Series" section should remain as it is, covering Doctor Who since its inception in 1963 through to the TV Movie in 1996.

Anything else should be ignored. If debate is proposed on this proposal I suggest a poll with 2 options like in The Beast Below.

Option 1 - PROTEST - The Russell T Davies era is kept in the forum as it is part of Doctor Who.

Option 2 - FORGET - My suggestion is acted on and any reference to the Russell T Davies era is deleted. To prevent future reference to this horrific chapter in history, judicious use of the swear filter is used. How the swear filter is used would be a discussion for another time.

Is there anyone to second this motion?


Shouldnt we wait to see if Moffat goes down hill first?


When your at the bottom, there's only one way you can go.
Back to top
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing that important i suppose, but it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious when someone posts a link.
At the moment, because it's the same colour, you can't tell there's a link is in the above sentence, but you could if the text was a different colour, or underlined.

Also, Could we have the option to embed YouTube videos? Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Professor



Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 1948

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludders wrote:
Nothing that important i suppose, but it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious when someone posts a link.
At the moment, because it's the same colour, you can't tell there's a link is in the above sentence, but you could if the text was a different colour, or underlined.

Also, Could we have the option to embed YouTube videos? Cool


Agreed, but the option to embed should be chosen by the OP, otherwise you know what'll happen, we'll end up with huge long threads full of vids that'll take forever to load and none of which will play. Specially on my iddly tiddly diddy netbook.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Nothing that important i suppose, but it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious when someone posts a link.
At the moment, because it's the same colour, you can't tell there's a link is in the above sentence, but you could if the text was a different colour, or underlined.

Also, Could we have the option to embed YouTube videos? Cool


Agreed, but the option to embed should be chosen by the OP, otherwise you know what'll happen, we'll end up with huge long threads full of vids that'll take forever to load and none of which will play. Specially on my iddly tiddly diddy netbook.


Well YouTube provide the service, and they also provide the bandwidth, so the video is hosted on their servers and uses their bandwidth, not the place where they are embedded.
The only thing you're actually 'loading' is an image like this which not many more KBs that most people's avatars. Smile


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
xM002x
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludders wrote:
Professor wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Nothing that important i suppose, but it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious when someone posts a link.
At the moment, because it's the same colour, you can't tell there's a link is in the above sentence, but you could if the text was a different colour, or underlined.

Also, Could we have the option to embed YouTube videos? Cool


Agreed, but the option to embed should be chosen by the OP, otherwise you know what'll happen, we'll end up with huge long threads full of vids that'll take forever to load and none of which will play. Specially on my iddly tiddly diddy netbook.


Well YouTube provide the service, and they also provide the bandwidth, so the video is hosted on their servers and uses their bandwidth, not the place where they are embedded.
The only thing you're actually 'loading' is an image like this which not many more KBs that most people's avatars. Smile



I think you also load the flash player, too, which can potentially shit on resources. It would be nice to embed videos, though, and I don't think it will be much problem if they are removed out of replies. It's not likely we are going to have a page full of 10 YT videos, I wouldn't think.

Be prepared to wait for the forum, btw. It's a lot of hassle and I'm busy so don't expect it to be ready for another 3/4/5/6 months. Very Happy
Back to top
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludders wrote:
Nothing that important i suppose, but it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious when someone posts a link.
At the moment, because it's the same colour, you can't tell there's a link is in the above sentence, but you could if the text was a different colour, or underlined.

Also, Could we have the option to embed YouTube videos? Cool


*Cough

Razz

How hard can it be?

Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
_Liam_
Site Admin


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 3854

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe Laughing The support forums are just people banging their heads against walls. I've got the code though

$patterns[] = "#\[youtube:$uid\](.*?)\[/youtube:$uid\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['youtube'];

I just need a greased shoehorn to get it in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Very Happy

(I was pissed and cheeky last night) Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Pex



Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 2514
Location: Paradise Towers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By this good light, this is a very shallow monster!
_________________
Coalition would mean Con policies, Con leadership by a Con party for a Con trick - Harold Wilson, October 1974
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tattooed Beast Messiah



Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Posts: 652

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDarkLord wrote:
Pex wrote:
By this good light, this is a very shallow monster!


There always seems to be a Shakespeare quote for every situation doesn't there? Cool


If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
_________________
"You have still failed to come up with any reasons why the death of the space turkey was some kind of mawkish, vomit-inducing crap." TheDarkLord 6/6/10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Liam_ wrote:
You wouldn't believe Laughing The support forums are just people banging their heads against walls. I've got the code though

$patterns[] = "#\[youtube:$uid\](.*?)\[/youtube:$uid\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['youtube'];

I just need a greased shoehorn to get it in


Is the shoehorn greased? Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludders wrote:
_Liam_ wrote:
You wouldn't believe Laughing The support forums are just people banging their heads against walls. I've got the code though

$patterns[] = "#\[youtube:$uid\](.*?)\[/youtube:$uid\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['youtube'];

I just need a greased shoehorn to get it in


Is the shoehorn greased? Wink


Bump.

FFS. Razz Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Forum News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign