FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
The Brig is back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Doctor Who News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field Marshal wrote:
Predictable Rani. If RTD is not writing for Who anymore, he'll have very little time for Torchwood or SJA.
Given that Who takes 9 months surely he'll have more time for these.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Field Marshal wrote:
Predictable Rani. If RTD is not writing for Who anymore, he'll have very little time for Torchwood or SJA.

I doubt Moffat will have time for both of RTD's spin offs either and it's doubtful the BBC will have the budget for them with new series of "Survivors" and possibly "Blakes7" in the making too.

The BBC aren't going to continue throwing millions of their license payers money at series which can only grab 1 million or under viewers.
Why does survivors need a big budget? It doesn't need any SFX if it is faithful to the original
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Field Marshal wrote:
Predictable Rani. If RTD is not writing for Who anymore, he'll have very little time for Torchwood or SJA.

I doubt Moffat will have time for both of RTD's spin offs either and it's doubtful the BBC will have the budget for them with new series of "Survivors" and possibly "Blakes7" in the making too.

The BBC aren't going to continue throwing millions of their license payers money at series which can only grab 1 million or under viewers.
Why does survivors need a big budget? It doesn't need any SFX if it is faithful to the original

Just because Adrian Hodges "Survivors" will not be employing a load of people sitting on their arses and playing on their computers cobbling together disney cartoons all day long does not mean it's budget will be small.

They will still need to employ a large cast and lots of extras in order to convey a post-apocalyptic Britain and I shouldn't think that will be inexpensive to do.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Field Marshal wrote:
Predictable Rani. If RTD is not writing for Who anymore, he'll have very little time for Torchwood or SJA.

I doubt Moffat will have time for both of RTD's spin offs either and it's doubtful the BBC will have the budget for them with new series of "Survivors" and possibly "Blakes7" in the making too.

The BBC aren't going to continue throwing millions of their license payers money at series which can only grab 1 million or under viewers.
Why does survivors need a big budget? It doesn't need any SFX if it is faithful to the original

Just because Adrian Hodges "Survivors" will not be employing a load of people sitting on their arses and playing on their computers cobbling together disney cartoons all day long does not mean it's budget will be small.

They will still need to employ a large cast and lots of extras in order to convey a post-apocalyptic Britain and I shouldn't think that will be inexpensive to do.
Given it is a post apocalyptic Britain I think a large cast is precisely what they won't need. I suggest you go and watch the excellent original. I really hope this Hodges character isn't going to fuck this up.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Given it is a post apocalyptic Britain I think a large cast is precisely what they won't need. I suggest you go and watch the excellent original. I really hope this Hodges character isn't going to fuck this up.

Of course he's not.

If the BBC had wanted someone to disrespectfully piss all over the memory of Nation and screw Survivors up completely they would have given it to RTD instead.

Adrian Hodges doesn't have an ego problem, he just produces good drama instead.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he is going to have a big cast in a post apocalyptic Britain that sounds a bit of a muck up to me! Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Well if he is going to have a big cast in a post apocalyptic Britain that sounds a bit of a muck up to me! Laughing

Yes he should have them all farting and belching instead during what would be moments of suspense and tension instead, eh?

Perhaps he could have them all laughing over the Paul O Grady show like brainless morons too whilst their entire community has dropped dead.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has TV working in a post apocalyptic Britain he should be immediately frogmarched out of the BBC for incompetence.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
If he has TV working in a post apocalyptic Britain he should be immediately frogmarched out of the BBC for incompetence.

Why?

That's exactly the same kind of brainless shite RTD writes.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
If he has TV working in a post apocalyptic Britain he should be immediately frogmarched out of the BBC for incompetence.

Why?

That's exactly the same kind of brainless shite RTD writes.
Because he should remain faithful to the original just as RTD was with Who.
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
Because he should remain faithful to the original just as RTD was with Who.

I'm sure the BBC should give you your own comedy show when you come out with such priceless gems like the above. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Mistress Rani



Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 8621
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Because he should remain faithful to the original just as RTD was with Who.

I'm sure the BBC should give you your own comedy show when you come out with such priceless gems like the above. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FACTS Filth. FACTS Laughing
_________________
"I'll be surprised if there's as much as 3 million of the audience left by the time Moffatt finally gets to take over" RobFilth 3/6/08

"I expect the BBC will quietly let Tennant go at the end of this year...." RobFilth 9/6/08
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rani wrote:
RobFilth wrote:
Mistress Rani wrote:
Because he should remain faithful to the original just as RTD was with Who.

I'm sure the BBC should give you your own comedy show when you come out with such priceless gems like the above. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FACTS Filth. FACTS Laughing

FABRICATIONS and FICTION Rani!
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
HandofFearpo



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 91
Location: A flat with two male impersonators

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: The Real Brigadier Reply with quote

"hmmm, none of them were wearing eye patches"


_________________
Parezco puerco, pero no tengo gripe porcina.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> Doctor Who News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign