FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
The Leisure Hive Forum Index  Log in  Register
Time and the Rani
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tash



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Location: Atlantis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xM002x wrote:
Yes, well I'm not a fan of that but you can't blame McCoy.

He is actually Merlin-like in the new series, almost as if they carried it on from season 25/26. *sigh*


I think he's more like a cross between Jesus and Genghis Khan, because Merlin wasn't some all-powerful demi-god type being with the blood of millions on his hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ludders



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 2646

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of fans aren't keen on Cartmel's vision of the show, but i think the overall tone of S26 makes it far more enjoyable than any previous McCoy *stories, even though McCoy is rubbish at angry scenes, & acting in general. Laughing

*Bar Remembrance, which is actually my favourite McCoy story. If not my favourite of the 80's. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Laughing Spam Fritter



Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Battlefield' is one of the absolute worst of the original run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tash



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Location: Atlantis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludders wrote:
I know a lot of fans aren't keen on Cartmel's vision of the show, but i think the overall tone of S26 makes it far more enjoyable than any previous McCoy *stories, even though McCoy is rubbish at angry scenes, & acting in general. Laughing


Cartmel's plan was total bollocks, but at least he was more competant than Roland Taffy Dickhead. If the show hadn't been cancelled I'm sure we'd all be pouring scorn upon what he would have done to the series, but it would have been a lot more tolerable than RTD's God Doctor shite.

Ludders wrote:
*Bar Remembrance, which is actually my favourite McCoy story. If not my favourite of the 80's. Smile


Remembrance is probably the most perfect dalek story since the introduction of Davros. Speaking of which, how come we never found out how Davros got his body back after being reduced to a head in a box? Nevermind when or how he was resuced from his escape pod orbiting 1960s earth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
iank



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get the hate for Battlefield, and to call it one of the worst of the original series is laughable. There are a shit load of stories far, far worse, including some - shock horror - 60s and early-mid 70s ones I'd rather not see again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Laughing Spam Fritter



Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iank wrote:
I really don't get the hate for Battlefield, and to call it one of the worst of the original series is laughable. There are a shit load of stories far, far worse, including some - shock horror - 60s and early-mid 70s ones I'd rather not see again.


No, a difference of opinion to your own is not "laughable", merely an opposing point of view. I personally regard 'Battlefield' to be among the very worst of the original run (of which I find the final 5 seasons particularly hard to bear for the most part in general). You disagree; different strokes and all that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Moderator General



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: City of the Damned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash wrote:
xM002x wrote:
Yes, well I'm not a fan of that but you can't blame McCoy.

He is actually Merlin-like in the new series, almost as if they carried it on from season 25/26. *sigh*


I think he's more like a cross between Jesus and Genghis Khan, because Merlin wasn't some all-powerful demi-god type being with the blood of millions on his hands.


In the extras for Shite-arse Nemesis, the dreadful Kevin Clarke says he blagged his way in to the gig by telling them he had a great idea for a story, although he had fuck-all.

Winging it, he said, "Who is Doctor Who?" and then decided that the answer was God.

And JNT said yes, OK, make him God but don't call him that.

...all of which confirms my belief that, by the McCoy era, the lunatics were running the asylum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
RobFilth



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 9013
Location: Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Spam Fritter wrote:
'Battlefield' is one of the absolute worst of the original run.

It certainly contains some of the worst dialogue ever written for the classic series and also some of the all time worst ever acting.

Who can ever forget McCoys emotive "A child looks up to the sky..." speech?

Fucking awful.

About 25 seconds of the Destroyer is all that is watchable in this 90 minutes crud-fest.
_________________


Rallying against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
time meddler



Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield along with Remembrance are my 2 favorite McCoys. I agree Remembrance was the best Dalek story since Genesis. While, Paradise towers and happiness patrol just blow goats. The rest of his episodes I'd say were just ok, with Fenric and Nemisis being slightly above average, Greatest Show slightly below average. And for some inexplicable reason I actually kind of like Delta. Mark of the Rani was really the better of the Rani stories, but I don't think Time and The Rani is really that bad. (As long as you ignore the fact that it's not all that clear why the doctor regenerated)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Tash



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Location: Atlantis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time meddler wrote:
Battlefield along with Remembrance are my 2 favorite McCoys. I agree Remembrance was the best Dalek story since Genesis. While, Paradise towers and happiness patrol just blow goats. The rest of his episodes I'd say were just ok, with Fenric and Nemisis being slightly above average,


Paradise Towers was quite probably one of the worst stories of original series, I turned it off after one episode, unable to handle anymore. The Happiness Patrol was actually a very intelligent satire on the British government in the late 1980's so I hold it in much higher regard than most other McCoy stories.

Quote:
Greatest Show slightly below average. And for some inexplicable reason I actually kind of like Delta.


I think Delta is actually quite funny, the Bannermen are probably the least competant alien invaders in Doctor Who history, they accidentally killed their own agent, can never seem to shoot straight and their leader atomised himself because they were playing Gracie Fields over the camp speaker system.

Quote:
Mark of the Rani was really the better of the Rani stories, but I don't think Time and The Rani is really that bad. (As long as you ignore the fact that it's not all that clear why the doctor regenerated)


The Sixth Doctor was killed by Michael Grade, hope that clears things up a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Leisure Hive Forum Index -> DVD Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign